The Forster Court Hotel is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We adhere to
personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us, or that is provided to us relating to you
(“Data”) by any means will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our use
of personal data. Please note that the Policy relates only to living individuals in relation to personal
data relating directly to themselves, and not to persons in any other capacity.
Information we may collect from you
We collect personal data from you which you volunteer when you provide such personal data to us,
or via our services with which you interact. We may also be given other personal data relating to you
by other persons, or we may obtain such other personal data about you as may be provided to us in
the course of our legitimate business activities.
We may collect and process Data. Including the following in the course of providing services to you,
which could contain your personal data:
your full name; your address; your various email addresses; your various phone numbers including
mobile phone numbers; your nationality; your address; financial information about you, including
your bank account details, credit card details, or other payment details; details of contracts you have
entered with third parties for us to provide services to you; details of your relationship to other
parties; details of your membership of professional or other organisations; your date of birth; details
of your children and other relations; medical details, including details of allergies; details of your car
registration number; details of your driving licence; details of your passport and all other Data which
you ask us to process on your behalf, or which is necessary for us to process in order for us to fulfil
our role as providing accommodation, leisure, Retail or food related services to you.
We may also process other data, which is not personal data.
When you access our website or wi-fi facilities, your device’s browser provides us with information
such as your IP address, browser type, access time and referring URL which is collected and used to
compile statistical data. This information may be used to help us to improve our website and the
services we offer, and to offer services to you.
Security and where we store your personal data
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security
technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access and use.
As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely
secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that
information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We
will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and may involve the
transfer of data to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). This occurs typically
through use of cloud solutions for web hosting, email hosting or proprietary software solutions
delivered to us through the Cloud. We do not however authorise any third party to use your
personal data for their own purposes. Non EEA countries may not provide an adequate level of
protection in relation to processing your personal data. By submitting your data, you agree to this
transfer, storing and processing.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of
your personal data transmitted to us. Any transmission of data is at your own risk. Once we receive
your personal data, we use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of your personal data
We use your personal data that we hold to:
• In our legitimate interest of advertising our services, provide you with information, products
or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have
consented to be contacted for such purposes (our list of services below);
• carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• in our legitimate interest of advertising our services, provide details of any loyalty scheme or
• comply with legislation; and/or
• notify you about changes to our services.
List of services
Restaurant, bar service and other food related services.
We may use your data to send you information relating to our services, events and products which
may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please notify us to that
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your Data to third parties who provide a service to us or in the event that we sell or
buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Data to the prospective seller or
buyer of such business or assets or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Data in order to
comply with any legal obligation, or to protect our rights, property, or safety of staff or customers.
Currently we disclose your Data to the following providers.
State “EU” or alternatively state jurisdiction to
which the Data is transferred
|Mailchimp||USA – Certified Privacy Shield Framework|
|Elavon||EU – compliant (Section 17 Data Protection)|
|Alkimii||USA – AWS (EU-approved Data Processing Addendum and Model Clauses)|
|Connacht Hospitality Group consisting of:|| |
|The Residence Hotel||EU|
|The Forster Court Hotel||EU|
|Connacht Taverns Ltd||EU|
|The Connacht Hotel||EU|
We use central reservations, marketing, design, HR and ICT departments within the Connacht Hospitality Group which may have access to certain aspects of your data to complete your transactions with our Hotel.
Some jurisdictions may not have adequate safeguards for the protection of personal data, and where this is the case we comply with Chapter 5 of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) to provide an alternative method of safeguarding your personal data.
Links to other sites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to
any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and that we
do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you
submit any data to those websites.
As an individual, under EU law you have certain rights to apply to us to provide information or make
amendments to how we process data relating to you. These rights apply in certain circumstances
and are set out below: -
2. the right to rectify/correct data relating to you (‘right to rectification’). Please see
3. The right to object to processing of data relating to you (‘right to object’). Please see
4. The right to restrict the processing of data relating to you (‘right to restriction’). Please see
5. The right to erase/delete data relating to you (i.e. the “right to erasure”). Please see Form 5a
6. The right to ‘port’ certain data relating to you from one organisation to another (‘right to
The address for the purposes of GDPR is
Personal Data Requests, The Forster Court Hotel, Forster Stree, Galway.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time in our sole discretion. If we make any
changes, we will post those changes here so that you can see what information we gather, how we
might use that information and in what circumstances we may disclose it. By continuing to use our
site or our services or otherwise provide data after we post any such changes, you accept and agree
to this Policy as modified.
Questions, comments, requests and complaints regarding this Policy and the information we hold
All requests will be dealt with promptly and efficiently.
Legal Information for Forster Court Hotel
- Address for the Hotel: Forster Street
- Company Name: Forster Court Hotel
- VAT Number:
- Contact Phone No. / Email Address: +353 91 564111 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal Information for the Hosting Company
- Name of Hosting Company: Automatic Netware Limited, trading as Bookassist
- Company Number: IE312796
- Registered Address: 1st Floor South Block, Rockfield Central, Dublin D16 R6V0, Ireland
- Contact Phone No. / Email Address: +353 1 676 2913 / email@example.com
- Website: www.bookassist.org
The privacy and confidentiality of user information is important. We are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your user information. We may update this policy from time to time, so please check here frequently. The Hotel will not disclose identifiable user information to any third party without consent.
What information is collected about you? How do we use it?
We take the utmost care to ensure that the personal information we obtain from you is not used in a way that you may be unaware of or not agreeable to. You may wish to submit an information request about our Hotel, participate in one of our promotions or subscribe to our e-mail or postal mail lists. In response, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, postal address and/or phone number.
In the event you opt to provide us with this information, we will only use it for the purpose specified. Information collected on the Site may be used to: enter your email in our promotions, send marketing communications or surveys to you, respond to your questions or suggestions, improve the quality of your visit to our site. You can opt-out of any communication by emailing the Hotel at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you decide to make an online reservation at the Site, you will be linked to a reservation interface and a Booking Engine provided by our booking management system partner, Bookassist. We understand that security remains the primary concern of online consumers and have chosen our Booking Engine partner carefully.
All information sent to this site, if in an SSL session, is encrypted and protected against disclosure to third parties. Bookassist are certified as compliant with PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards).
Protecting your information
We want to ensure that visitors to our Site feel confident about using the Site to plan and book their accommodation. The Hotel is committed to protecting the information we collect. The Hotel has implemented a security program to keep information that is stored in our systems protected from unauthorized access. Our Site is hosted in a secure environment. The Site servers/systems are configured with data encryption, scrambling, technologies, and industry-standard firewalls. When you enter personal information during the reservation process, or during a customer email sign-up, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
Children's Privacy & Parental Consent
Links Provided To Other Sites
Contacting the Hotel
This Security, Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to our Hotel's Website.
Our Hotel has engaged Bookassist to provide their Booking Engine service to us.
Thawte Security Certificate
Bookassist is verified as a service provider through the Thawte Certification Authority. Follow this link to learn more:
Credit Card Security
The credit card details page of Bookassist is protected by powerful Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. SSL encrypts your name, credit card number and expiry date before they travel over the Internet. This makes doing business over the Internet as secure as purchasing by telephone. This ensures that your credit card details will remain completely confidential while in transit. SSL safe connection and secure transaction technology has effectively protected millions of Bookassist customers who have transmitted their credit card numbers online and made a purchase since Bookassist launched its online services in 1999.
Additionally, credit card usage is verified directly through a live secure connection with the banking system at time of debiting. This ensures that known stolen cards cannot be used and fraudulent transactions are minimised for consumer and hotel benefit.
All references to "you" or "your" mean you, the user of a Bookassist service, and all references to "we", "us" or "our" refer to Bookassist.
What information does Bookassist collect and process about you and why?
Online reservations and voucher purchase:
- In order to carry out the reservation process and online voucher purchase we require all the information marked with the asterisk including your name, address, phone number, email address, recipient name (if voucher purchase) and the credit card details that shall be used to pay for the accommodation or voucher. We will collect any other data you may choose to provide, which may include special categories of personal data such as dietary requirements.
- During the online reservation process, we will ask whether you consent to your contact details being used in the future by the accommodation provider other than in direct connection with your reservation, for example for special offers or other communications from the accommodation provider.
- Such data is collected and processed based on our contractual obligation to perform the online reservation or voucher purchase.
How does Bookassist use the information?
Online reservations and voucher purchase:
- To complete or support the online reservation process or online voucher purchase process.
- Bookassist will not contact you other than in direct connection with your reservation or voucher purchase.
What if you do not want to provide your personal data?
Online reservations and voucher purchase:
- If you do not wish to provide data that is required for the online reservation process or online voucher purchase process as symbolised by the asterisk then you will not be able to proceed with the process and we advise that you contact the accommodation provider directly.
- If you do not wish to provide data during the online reservation process or online voucher purchase process that is not required, i.e. that does not have an asterisk beside it, then you may choose to not provide such information and this shall not impact upon the process.
Who has access to some or all of the information Bookassist collects?
- Bookassist, its parent company, its branches and its subsidiary companies.
- We use third parties to aid with data storage and back-up.
- For any email communications, including to our clients or to our newsletter subscribers, we use third parties to aid with email administration and tracking.
- If data needs to be transferred outside the EU, Bookassist shall ensure the appropriate data protection and security measures are in place.
- Certain third parties have access to your Cookies, see our Cookies Policy below for further details. Such third parties may store and process such data outside of the EU.
- Legal authorities where obligated to do so.
Is your data secure?
Yes, Bookassist has secure storage systems and processes in place.
What are your rights?
- You have the right to request access to all data Bookassist holds concerning you.
- You have the right to request rectification of any data Bookassist holds concerning you.
- You have the right to request the erasure of any data concerning you; please note that the erasure of certain data may impact on the provision of our services.
- You have the right to data portability; this means that you can request for your data to be provided in a suitable format.
- Where consent is obtained in order to collect and process certain aspects of your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, for example, you may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
How long will we keep your data for?
- Online reservations and voucher purchase:Your credit card information shall be retained for no longer than one month from your departure from the accommodation provider.
- Your personal data, other than your credit card information, gathered via the reservation process, including your name, address, email address and phone number shall be retained for no longer than 12 months from your departure from the accommodation provider. Your booking reference number, in isolation from any other personal data, shall be retained indefinitely for statistical purposes.
- Your personal data, other than your credit card information, gathered via online voucher purchase shall be retained for no longer than 12 months after the voucher expiry.
- We shall retain aggregated anonymised data indefinitely for statistical and administrative purposes.
What can you do if you have issues or want to exercise your rights?
You may contact our Data Protection contact, see contact details above.
In particular, if you believe that our websites or systems have collected incorrect information or if you would like to dispute any information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
3. Cookies Policy
What are Cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information that are downloaded to your device when you visit our website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that Cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another. There are a number of different types of Cookies, each having a different purpose. For example, certain Cookies are used to remember a user’s action, to identify the user or for online behavioural advertising.
What different types of Cookies are there?
STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
Strictly Necessary Cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. We use these Cookies to enable the services which you have specifically asked for.
Performance Cookies are Cookies which collect information on how visitors use a website, i.e. which pages visitors go to most. We use these Cookies to collect information anonymously on the pages which you have visited.
Functional Cookies are Cookies which allow the website to remember choices made by the user (name, address, language). We use these Cookies to remember choices made to improve our users experience.
Advertising Cookies are Cookies which are used to deliver adverts more relevant to a user's interests. They remember that a user has viewed a website before. They are often linked to the functionality of the site. We use these Cookies to collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
If you have Cookies enabled on your device, we will present you with advertisements relevant to our website. Google and third party vendors show our advertisements across different internet sites. If you have Cookies switched on you may see advertisements for this website on other websites.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
We may install third party cookies on our website. Third party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than the website that is being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third party cookie.
What Cookies does Bookassist use?
Bookassist uses the following Cookies – in order to opt out of any of these Cookies, please see the section below entitled “How can consent be withdrawn to Cookies collection?”
- Bookassist session cookie is a Strictly Necessary cookie, it’s essential for the service, it maintains the user session. It’s controlled by Bookassist; it expires with the session.
- Bookassist conversion tracking cookie is a Performance cookie, it’s essential for the service, it tracks conversion statistics. It’s controlled by Bookassist; it expires in 1 year.
- Bookassist booking reference cookie is a Functional cookie, it’s not essential for the service, it saves user preferences. It’s controlled/accessed by Bookassist and the hotel; it expires in 1 year.
- Bookassist cookies policy cookie is a Functional cookie, it’s essential for the service, it’s used to show cookies policy on first visit. It’s controlled by Bookassist; it expires in 1 year.
- Bookassist home popup and abandon popup cookies are Functional cookies, essential for the service, used to collect information about popups. They are controlled by Bookassist; they expire with the session.
- Bookassist cms cookie is a Functional cookie, it’s essential for the service, it maintains session in hotel’s website and maintains user preferences such as language. It’s controlled by Bookassist; it expires in 1 year.
- Bookassist newcms cookie is a Functional cookie, it’s essential for the service, it saves user preferences. It’s controlled by Bookassist; it expires with the session.
Google Cookies are Third Party cookies controlled by Google, and can be accessed by Bookassist and the hotel. For information about Google cookies, see: https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies
- Google Analytics is a Third-Party Performance cookie, it’s essential for the service, it’s used to collect information on how the website is used. See more information about Google Analytics here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage?hl=en
- Google Remarketing is a Third-Party Advertising or Tailored Advertising cookie, it’s not essential for the service, it’s used to deliver advertising relevant to your interests.
- Google Adwords is a Third-Party Performance cookie, it’s not essential for the service, it’s used to collect statistical information about use and conversion.
Other Third Party Cookies:
- Facebook, Twitter and Google+ are all Third-Party cookies, not essential for the service, used for Social Media sharing. They are controlled by those third parties.
- Vimeo and Youtube are Third Party cookies used to provide video, not essential for the service. They are controlled by those third parties.
Bookassist provides a detailed list of Cookies used by Bookassist here: https://bookassist.org/cookieslist/
Who controls/accesses the Cookies-related information?
Bookassist controls access to cookie-related information and we provide access to authorised third parties including but not limited to Google Analytics.
Will the Cookies be used for any other purposes than those stated above?
How can consent be withdrawn to Cookies collection?
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see www.aboutcookies.org. You can delete all Cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Should you wish to opt out of Google Analytics in particular please visit the Google Analytics opt-out page https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
Should you wish to opt out of Tailored Advertising in particular please visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out pagehttp://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Please note that by blocking Cookies, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website, in particular the use of the booking engine to complete a reservation.
Your right to privacy
Bookassist respects your right to privacy. Any personal information which you provide on this website will be treated with the appropriate standards of security and confidentiality and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and associated national legislation.
Bookassist reserves the right to change this Policy at any time and to publish changes without specific notification to the users of the website.